A day based course offering students a thorough understanding of the key concepts and terms used by professional interior decorators.
This inspirational course will give you a thorough understanding of the key concepts and terms used by professional interior decorators, with an insight into colour schemes, soft furnishings, window coverings, lighting and more. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to advise customers on interior decoration projects, including recommending soft furnishings and design decorations to a project brief. Create mood, colour and materials’ boards with professional panache and graduate with your own portfolio pieces to entice future clients or employers. Held on campus every Wednesday for seven weeks.
- What is an Interior Decorator?
- Mood Boards
- Interior Trends
- Developing a Theme
- History of Design and Decoration Styles
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Colour Wheel & Colour Theory
- Colour Scheming & Colour Harmonies
- Introduction to Hard Materials and Soft Materials
- Site Analysis/ Measurement/ Furniture Placement
- Wall and Floor Coverings
- Costing’s and budget
- Accessories selection and arrangement
- Major Project: analysing a client brief and create an overall concept.
This course gains the following TAFE credits:
MSFID4003 - Prepare a materials board for client presentation
MSFID4005 - Research and recommend soft furnishings for interiors
MSFSF3010 - Advise customers on interior decoration
Suitable for those wanting to advance in a career in design or personal interior projects.
Our educators are industry leaders, practicing interior designers and experts in the field.
“This course has pushed me and enhanced my skills beyond what I thought I was capable of”
Interior Decoration Essentials 101